Oops, Kent,
I suppose I stepped into what we call a lard pot. I didn't intend to
hurt anyones's feelings. I myself am very grateful for the tolerance of
the members of this list as I myself am a beginner to NC ( have always
been and stayed one for the last 30 years or so). However, it took me
some time in the beginning of my participance in early 2010 to realize
that there were others besides hobbyists, at all! Probably I projected
my private hobby situation onto all others, presuming that everybody
dealing with such a delicate subject on a private basis will be doing
this as a hobby. This would also, I think, correspond to a frequently
found german mentality in the field of commerce - if it costs nothing,
it is worth nothing. I can't not by far magine that a local workshop
owner here would rely on something from the internet without warranty
and seven seals on a purchase paper. No local support team, no big name,
not for us!

Furthermore, I also didn't want to hurt your feelings as a clock maker
or what you would call it. I know that the way many times is the goal,
and I myself actually only want to know how something works and not
produce large quantities for selling. There aren't any machines around
this town that are as unproductive as mine - I still like to have them
here, knowing I could produce almost any piece at home without going out
for shopping, and I 'm proud that I can perform almost any metal working
process in my house, from casting, welding, brazing up to all kinds of
making chips, and much the same accordingly for wood working,
electronics and optics. So, it's surely not ignorance on my part. Now
that I come to think about it, I guess I may be a bit frustrated, now
being retired, finding out that there still isn't much more time left
for my hobby and,  above all, that energy for driving all those Porsches
is not endless any more.... But at least I enjoy reading the
contributions of this mailing list every day, and I want it to stay that
way. I am very grateful to the makers of EMC2 for their great  efforts
because they are helping me to keep my  technical spirits alive. I have
also learned a lot of the american way of metalworking today (which is
surely not intended by the list's purpose) as my own experience from the
US is about 45 years old.

I hope you accept my apology.

Peter