On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 4:40 PM,  <kqt4a...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> Or maybe a Sherline or MaxNC.
>
> I feel sure I am wrong but from reading this mailing list I get the
> impression that servo drive is superior to steppers
> By superior I mean more accurate
> Has anyone outfitted a Sherline with servos
>
> Richard

Mine is all home brew and stepper, accuracy is as good as your gcode
programming and resolution of the drive
use exact path mode for best accuracy and spring passes.
the machine is ugly but with care and programming around the machine
errors one can produce accurate work
I tend to drive the axes in one direction to avoid backlash and
machine bending errors, measure the result fiddle the program if
needed and either a final cut or for the watch verge till I get a good
one I can mount.

Dave Caroline