On 27 November 2011 17:39, gene heskett <ghesk...@wdtv.com> wrote:

> These worked fine.  I didn't note a method to take up for overall wear in
> the outer band though.  Or is the load on the bearing outer races such that
> no brinneling occurs?

The same design seemed to be considered OK for a supercharger (which
would be running at 100,000 rpm and would be expected to last as long
as an engine)
My first guess was that the ring should be 1mm smaller than the
collective OD of the bearings, and that the flex would take up wear
for some time.
The failure mode that concerns me most is actually fatigue of the
outer ring due to the ocntinued flexing.

Wear of the inner shaft would happen much faster, but those are an
off-the-shelf and cheap part.

--
atp
The idea that there is no such thing as objective truth is, quite simply, wrong.