On Sunday, January 15, 2012 09:20:33 PM Mag. Dr. Nikolaus Klepp did opine:

> > You know you have a problem when you first have to explain what the
> > "thing" was before you can explain why what you did with the "thing"
> > was so cool and still you get a blank look.
>
> This perfectly sums up the loss tech dilemma :-)
>
> Nik

Yes Nik, but I am far more concerned with how we should go about fixing
that.

One side of the problem is likely the sheer amount of information that has
become available to anyone with net access, but the inability to recognize
a get rich quick scheme from a good personal and/or business plan.  I have
to admit that good friends of mine who are aways on the lookout to win the
lottery, are by now pretty tired of me prefacing a reply on the current
subject with the phrase that I believe Hemingway coined, but R. A. Heinlein
made famous, TANSTAAFL.  That single acronym probably fits 90% or more of
the BS that comes flooding into our computers from a simple google search.

So I believe the first thing we should try and teach is TANSTAAFL, long
before the computer is ever turned on.

Cheers, Gene
Home is the place where, when you have to go there, they have to take you
in.
                -- Robert Frost, "The Death of the Hired Man"