On Monday, April 16, 2012 06:01:27 AM Kirk Wallace did opine:

> I tried a 75AC541 buffer on the SIIG card:
> http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/G540/g540_siig_buf.jpg
>
> and then tried it unbuffered at 1kHz:
> http://wallacecompany.com/machine_shop/G540/g540_siig_1kHz.jpg
>
> I got a green LED on both. The SIIG worked at 5kHz unbuffered too, but
> peaked 1 Volt higher at the lower frequency. I made a mistake earlier by
> saying the tests where at 20kHz, they were actually at 5kHz. (4 div. x
> 50us = 200us = .0002 , 1/.0002 = 5kHz)
>
> I put 10000ns in Stepconfig but it seems other parameters are limiting
> the base thread to 100000ns.

10000 ns is a lock it up too fast setting on my D525MW boards, but 20000 ns
seems fine. 100000 ns will hurt the steppers top speeds as the steps in
speed will be too big.

Do you have hyperthreading disabled in the bios?  And isolcpus=1 as a boot
option in menu.lst/grub.cfg?  Both of those are needed I believe.

Cheers, Gene
I'm going to Vietnam at the request of the White House.  President Johnson
says a war isn't really a war without my jokes.
                -- Bob Hope