2012/4/23 Steve Blackmore <st...@pilotltd.net>:

> What is ja3?

Joints_axes3 branch in master git repository.

> Is it any wonder that Joe Public has such a poor
> opinion of EMC/LinuxCNC!! - I've been here 4 years and you've yet to
> convince me it's not a closed shop speaking in a secret language.

Steve, no offence, I do not think that I am the one to start teaching
or giving lessons to anybody, I just think that Your attitude harms
the project too. If You are here for 4 years, then I would expect that
You not only use this application, but also support it. If not with
any input in code, then at least with some help in answering questions
of new users and/or spreading positive information about the project
thus improving the opinion of Joe Public. Unfortunately from Your
posts in this mailing list and some of Your posts I have seen in
web-forums I have not seen anything of that, so I have not yet
understood, why are You here, because it seems to me that You are much
more a fan of Mach.
On the other hand, I do appreciate Your critics and the weak points of
the LinuxCNC You have pointed out, like the jog-during-feedhold. The
thing is that I (probably others as well, but I can speak only for
myself here) appreciate it as long as it is constructive and has any
argumentation. For me it helps to understand, where LinuxCNC stands,
when compared with other CNC controllers (and I do have to provide
these comparisons with argumentation to my customers, before I get a
contract with a new customer).

Viesturs