I am the final user of emc The cnc machinist you speak of. While I can give
some validity to the thought of making *LINUXCNC2*  (this is what it is
called now we called it Emc2 in the last ice age) a little closer to a
commercial machine. One can do this with several available guis. User
interfaces, jog pendants feed rate over ride etc etc this is a hardware
issue all of this will run on linux cnc.As to making $$$$ you make money
selling parts, many people on this list build machines or components
professionally. As far as command line and deleting a program once the
machine i setup there is no need for a command line and in some instances
(searches, bulk delete, and file managment) the command line is far more
effective, what version  are you running? I just cleaned my home folder by
clicking and sending to trash  much easier than some of the matsuura
machines I have run. lcnc can adapt to v irtually any situation including
probing, digitizing and toolsetting I really cant think of what else i
would want.
Having learned conversational programming, eia,ascii, and these controls
fanuc mazak, mazatrol, matuura , fadal monarch, and yang it is the
machinists job to know the machine.
The last time I checked lcnc is not about money but about a great motion
controller, highly adaptive and updating faster and better than the
commercial competition. I would say that to criticize here is akin to
looking a gift horse in the mouth. It is also about community, good support
and tolerance for ot as these people become friends all of these are far
better than any support ive recieved from Ill put you on hold for an hour
and call you back in 5 min (tomorrow) front desk support. without being
harsh I can only see a very small part of your point and just today I was
chatting with jt whom was working on tutorials for gui implementation in
his spare time for free. So iI think its about more than money and I think
we can give the others a run for it anyhow. Thats my .02 if ya dont like it
keep the change, if its not enough wait till we are better paid.
--
jeremy youngs