Hello!

Last 2 days I have been trying to get the plasma table working in
client's site and it is driving me totally crazy. The thing is that I
am stuck with getting the motors to spin - the observed behavior is
total mystery to me.
For example, today I started the system up, all 4 motors had set
bldc.value = 0.15; motors 0 and 1 were spinning, 2 and 3 were standing
still. I tried to get them spinning too by changing bldc cfg=h and
later also to cfg=n. Well, those motors started to turn, but 0 and 1
did not. Even more - turning them by hand did not reflect any change
in encoder.0.rawcounts and in encoder.1.rawcounts.

The premises have approximately +5 C inside. How sensitive is 7i39 to
temperature? I even tried to connect encoder signal from motor
directly to 7i39 (it is supposed to go through a rs422-->rs232
convertor board), but there was no change...
Board receives +5V power, power LED is very bright.
What else could it be?

All the machine frame and PC case is grounded with a nice and thick 6 mm^2 wire.

Has anyone ever enountered anything similar? I realy hope for some
clue, what am I doing wrong. Thanks in advance!

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto