2012/12/14 andy pugh <bodge...@gmail.com>:
> On 14 December 2012 20:19, Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> For example, today I started the system up, all 4 motors had set
>> bldc.value = 0.15; motors 0 and 1 were spinning, 2 and 3 were standing
>> still. I tried to get them spinning too by changing bldc cfg=h and
>> later also to cfg=n. Well, those motors started to turn, but 0 and 1
>> did not. Even more - turning them by hand did not reflect any change
>> in encoder.0.rawcounts and in encoder.1.rawcounts.
>
> Were 0 and 1 running on the Hall sensors or on the encoder when they
> were working?

0 was cfg=h, 1 was cfg=qh;
After both of them stopped responding, I tried also swapping the
motors with no success.

BTW there is one more unknown thing:
Motors have 1000 CPR encoders. If I turn motor one turn in one
direction, rawcounts pin increments approximately by 4000, if I turn
it one turn in opposite direction, it also increments by different
number (it is changing, mostly in 2000-3000 range). Since both of the
phases are connected to 7i39, it is obviously an error somewhere. I
see 2 possible places: motor itself (I do not trust those chinese
manufacturers) and my rs422-->rs232 convertor board. I made a testing
cable to attach motor directly to 7i39 to bypass my convertor -
eliminating it from the signal path would indicate where the problem
is. The thing is that then LinuxCNC does not report any signal
received at all. The cable was checked and it is ok.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto