2012/12/14 sam sokolik <sa...@empirescreen.com>:
> what does the rs422-->rs232 convert do exactly?

Encoder provides differential signal, so that boards converts it to
TTL for 7i39 card.

Yesterday I was able to make some progress and now there is one error
that I have no explanation for:

Motor no 1 turns ok with bldc cfg=h and bldc.1.value = 0.15
When I add cfg=qh, motor oscillates, but encoder reports that it is
turning at pretty high velocity.
If I disable pwmgen and simply turn the motor by hand to check, then
it counts all the pulses correctly - approximately 4000 pulses in each
direction, it increments or decrements rawcounts pin correctly as the
motor is turned in different directions. I tried to move it as fast as
I can with hand back and forth and then placed it approximately as it
was and the rawcounts number was approximately the same, so I could
not get any evidence that any encoder pulses would be skipped or
something else would be wrong. But the motor does not turn. I tried
smaller number for bldc.value, but the only difference is that the
amplitude of oscillation was smaller.

Can anyone share some ideas, what else can I try?

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.
http://www.ifixit.com/Manifesto