Viesturs, haven't read all answers but here goes...
I've experienced really bad noise in unshielded cables not even a third of
the length of yours. I've seen machines moving far by themselves when the
workshop flourescent lights were turned on. Really scary. Shielded cables
are good stuff and they totally knocked all problems down on these
machines, we also moved the controllers away from the machines with longer
cables and still no problem what so ever.

I've experienced another problem too, when the Z-axis encoder was picking
up noise and the axis jumped a tenth every now and then. The encoder was
grounded via the cable shield (not so good). I moved the ground cable
directly to the machine chassi (which is grounded) and the machine is
running 8 hours a day since then.

My 2 cents

Good luck!
Sven