2013/1/8 dave <dengv...@charter.net>:

> I must say that the conversations between Viesturs and Peter provide
> good information for the rest of us also. Viesturs ... you make a good
> guinea pig, no offense intended.

Not a smallest reason to worry :)

> I don't suppose there is any way to reconfigure so the cable runs are
> shorter.

The plasma table is 6x2 m, there is a mandatory condition that all the
table surface has to be accessible from above, I am not allowed to
hang the wires, so 8 m would be shortest theoretical length on the
machine itself. Including bend radius of cable chain, little here and
there and then a meter or so to the control box and so the longest
wires are around 11 m. I could skin maybe a meter off, but the effect
will be minimal and the cause of the problem still will need to be
solved.

--
Viesturs

If you can't fix it, you don't own it.