On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 2:33 PM, Kent A. Reed <kentallanr...@gmail.com>wrote:

>  From my seat in the peanut gallery,
> it seems there is a divide between those who believe we have a proper
> set of algorithms properly implemented that have been tested
> successfully and those who believe this reported behavior must mean
> either the implementation is deficient or the algorithms imperfect (or
> both!). So far, the two groups of discussants seem to have been talking
> past each other, both in the 2011 exchanges and now.

The only trajectory planning argument I am aware of is the "one step
lookahead" argument.  I don't know if this really is an artifact of the
one-step lookahead or not.  Seems like it might not be.  If someone came up
with a trajectory planner that worked better than the current one, I
suspect it would be made available.  So far all I see is people saying that
it really should be done and then waiting for someone to do it.  Right now,
the people that write code prefer robustness over performance, which is a
good thing in my view.

This does look like a very good test case.  If we can figure out why it
does this then it should be possible to make inprovements