I have also found problems with curve->line and line->curve transitions. My
machine is used to paint lines and uses a fourth tangential axis to keep
the brush tangent to the tool path. I get
significant decelerations/accelerations  on these transitions and it shows
up as aberrations in the paint stroke. The G code is generated using biarc
approximations and all line/curve transitions are tangential (at least to a
fairly high degree of precision.) I've tried using different G64 values but
it doesn't help much and the tool path precision gets way off.
I was going to order a 5i25 card to see if maybe improving the stepgen
performance would help, but I'm no CNC expert.
Anyway, it's good to know I'm not alone in seeing this behavior.
Thanks,
- Claude