> 2013/5/12 Viesturs Lācis <viesturs.la...@gmail.com>
>
>> Could You, please, explain, how does it solve the problem? OUT pin cannot
>> be connected to IO pin. That solution proposes inserting "passthru"
>> component in the middle, so initial OUT is linked to passthru.in and
>> initial IO is connected to passthrough.out which is "float out" pin, the
>> same type as initial OUT, so I would expect getting the same "cannot link
>> OUT pin to IO pin" error. Or am I missing something here?
>>
> Hi Viesturs,
> I start losing my attention. Really I did not check that solution
> thoroughly.
> Does not seem to change much.
>
> Looks like a component has to assign values to PID pins directly, otherwise
> it would not work.
>
> The developers must know better if IO status for PID parameters is used for
> some reason.
> If not, it would be convenient to change it to IN.
>
> Andrew

I tried the passtru component.
This does not work as I and maybe some one else expected.

The load warning is different. The symbol <==> is new to me. But the
value is not passed correctly.
So it almost works.

servo2.hal:49: Warning:  pin 'X.Pgain' is connected to a signal

float          0.06  P0
                          <== input.0.abs-rx-position
                          ==> passthru.0.in
float             0  P0a