Paul
Why dont you just put an Atom pc together at a fraction of the cost for
a BB and other hardware to run your Linuxcnc. Or at least at the same
cost but with no hassles of any nature.

On 2013/08/07 09:30 AM, Paul Lacatus wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> My name is Paul Lacatus and I am quite new on this list. I am using
> LinuxCNC for a few months on my Proxxon MF70 converted to CNC. Up to
> this moment I am using an old Pentium 1GHz for this job as standalone
> computer.  . Right not the computer is bigger than the mill and on the
> work table the computer is occupying more then 70% with a display and
> keyboard.
>
> I have read something about the implementation of LinuxCNC on BeagleBone
> Black.  I have available a BeagleBone white  ( 720 MHz 256 MB ram) . My
> questions now :
>
> 1. Is this card strong enough for running LinuxCNC headless ? Or should
> I get a BeagleBone Black (1GHz / 512 MB ?
> 2. I need a display and keyboard near the Proxxon for setting and
> control . If I am using BBW can I use a Raspberry Pi for  X11 server ?
> In that case running Axis can be overkill for BBW  ( grafic acceleration
> is in Raspi ) ?
> 3. If I have already the driver board controlled by LPT port of the
> computer did I need and extra hardware of interfacing BeagleBone or a
> simple logic level conversion is enough.
>
> Paul

Regards / Groete

Marius D. Liebenberg
MasterCut cc
Cel: +27 82 698 3251
Tel: +27 12 743 6064
Fax: +27 86 551 8029
Skype: marius_d.liebenberg

---
Virus Database (VPS): 130806-1, 2013/08/06
Tested on: 2013/08/07 12:59:15 PM