Greetings

Charles - thanks for all the work on this. The install (via the Windows
route) went very well except for my issued Linux on the BBB complaining
about the "verbose" switch in the wget call for downloading the bootloader.
I edited this out of the shell-script and the SD card setup was fine.

LinuxCNC/Axis comes up as advertised when using an HDMI cable and monitor.

Now I am going to build an prototype cape to do voltage level changing to
get step/dir signals out and  machine status and limit switches in via a D25
connector. I am going to start configuration using the BeBoPr HAL and INI.

Can someone please help me understand how the hal_pru_generic driver/comp,
called with a number of stepgens= and pwmgens=, ends up mapping the
generated signals to  hardware pins on the BBB headers (or chip)? Similarly
how does the hal_bb_gpio mapping work?

TIA and apologies if I am missing something obvious.

John Prentice

> On 09/02/2013 03:38 PM, Charles Steinkuehler wrote:
>> I have a new version of the MachineKit image for running LinuxCNC on
>> a BeagleBone available:
>>
>> Image:
>> http://bb-lcnc.blogspot.com/p/machinekit_16.html
>>
>> Announcement:
>> http://bb-lcnc.blogspot.com/2013/09/new-machinekit-image-available.ht
>> ml
>>
>> This is a fairly significant change from the previous versions, as I
>> am now building the kernel fully from source (pulling in the required
>> Xenomai code from git) and I have switched to the
>> unified-build-candidate branch of LinuxCNC (which is going to become
2.6?).