Thankyou both

First, the LOW on pin 1 was 0v sorry to muddy the waters.

Second, I corrected the "-out-invert" problem now I get this Error message
"Debug file information:
Can not find -sec MOT -var MOT -num 1
Can not find -sec IO -var IO -num 1
Can not find -sec LINUXCNC -var NML_FILE -num 1
Can not find -sec EMC -var NML_FILE -num 1
BillsMill.hal:24: setp requires 2 arguments, 1 given
6953
  PID TTY      STAT   TIME COMMAND"

What does all this mean?

Third, I have included the line net
"Xhome parport.0.pin-10-in=> axis.0.home-sw-in axis.0.neg-lim-sw-in
axis.0.pos-lim-sw-in"

Is this OK?

Stepper configuration article says this:
"### Shared home switches all on one parallel port pin?
### that's ok, hook the same signal to all the axes, but be sure to
### set HOME_IS_SHARED and HOME_SEQUENCE in the ini file.  See the
### user manual!"

Is this necessary ? if so, where and what do I enter in my .ini?

Hope I'm making sense

Regards Bill

PS Gene, Hows the back going, any news on the op.? B