I hear ya.  My machine lathe and the Cincinnati arrow I retrofit both will
be running on single phase power.  The Cincinnati arrow already runs and
makes parts but the toolchanger is not working yet with the control.
Everything is wired up and working tho.  The lathe retrofit is another
story it will be needing some parts to get it running I'm thinking
about$1500-2k or so and it will be done.  Trying to scrape up some coin for
that right now.  Too bad you didn't contact me it's always nice to meet
fellow linuxcnc guys and chat with them about machining and controls etc.
I want to get to Florida where I grew up,  I am not made for cold weather
it seems I have begun to dread winter here. I'd rather bake in the sun
LOL.  Peace

Pete

On Thursday, October 30, 2014, <p...@wpnet.us> wrote:

> Yes, I've been looking for a decent CNC lathe for a while. There are a lot
> of really nice production type machines available cheap, however they weigh
> 12,000# and need 30-40HP worth of power for the spindle, hydraulic and
> coolant pump motors which is a bit of a pain for a home shop. I like "full
> sized" machines since I tend to work on larger projects, but I'm
> perpetually short on shop space (~1,200sf currently) and only have a 125A
> 240V 1ph feed to the shop.

Pete Matos
A and N Precision and Fabrication
Maryville, Tennessee