On 10/30/2014 06:09 PM, dave wrote:
... snip

> Well, Russian built rocket engines incinerated more than a few Russian
> cosmonauts.
> Apparently, when they work they work well...and when they fail .....
> opps! At least we were not launching people. ;-)

Going back to traditional rockets with a crew capsule on top restored a
tried and true escape system. I think if a crew had been on the Wallops
rocket, the escape system would have kicked in and the crew would only
have suffered the indignity of being ungracefully plucked from the
ocean. I certainly would rather be on top of the rocket than close by on
the ground.

--
Kirk Wallace
http://www.wallacecompany.com/E45/