On 11 October 2015 at 01:40, Willy Snow <willysnow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Linux ports 0 and 1 did not work. 0x378 seemed to load (it did not give
> error message). I still cannot make the motor turn if I set Parport Base
> Address to 0x378 in Stepconf Wizard.

Caveat: I haven't even tried to use a parport for about 5 years...

I don't think that you can read too much into 0x378 not erroring, I
get no error with an explicit address on my VM which I know has no
parport.

You might find this useful:
http://wiki.linuxcnc.org/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?Parallel_Port_Tester

You need to alter the HAL file to change the base address, but at
least you can test with a voltmeter on the actual pins, or short an
input to a gnd pin to see the on-screen "led" change state.

--
atp
If you can't fix it, you don't own it.