There is nothing wrong with what you are doing.

However after you install the drive filter you may find that your issues
simply go away.

A single point ground setup makes it almost impossible to have
significant ground loops.

Connect the shields only at one end, preferably the panel end where the
single point ground lives.

Those grounding blocks/strips that they sell for power panels at Home
Depot, Lowes, Menards work fine.
GE, Square D, Siemens, etc all sell them.

Dave