Am Freitag, 5. Februar 2016 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> After an update session, x (twm) was restarted on the GO704 mill install.
>
> Now Rainers python script will not run, BACKGROUND undefined, and
> presumably, following normal proceedure if I get that fixed, the
> FOREGROUND will be used as the next excuse to exit the script.
>
> Fail msg:
>
> gene@GO704:~/linuxcnc$ python python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py", line 278, in <module>
>     main()
>   File "python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py", line 222, in main
>     root = Tk()
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1712, in __init__
>     self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className,
> interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
> _tkinter.TclError: unknown color name "BACKGROUND"
>
> What can I put in ~/.basrc or ~/.profile that will fix this till the next
> install wipes it out?  I tried 'export BACKGROUND=0,0,0' (for black) and
> while it shows in an env report, it has no effect.
>
> I know this was hashed at length, a year or more ago, but can't recall
> what was done before.
>
> Thanks all.
>
> Cheers, Gene Heskett

Hi Gene!

It's still the old solution with "xrdb", same that works on TDE :-)
This is (still) in my ~/.xsessionrc :

# LINUXCNC
(
    sleep 10
    xrdb -all -query|sed -e 's#[A-Z_]*BACKGROUND# gray90#' -e
's#[A-Z_]*FOREGROUND# Black#'  -e 's#[A-Z_]*HIGHLIGHT# White#' -e
's#[A-Z_]*LOWLIGHT# Black
) &

Nik

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA.