On Friday 05 February 2016 08:15:32 Dr. Nikolaus Klepp wrote:

> Am Freitag, 5. Februar 2016 schrieb Gene Heskett:
> > After an update session, x (twm) was restarted on the GO704 mill
> > install.
> >
> > Now Rainers python script will not run, BACKGROUND undefined, and
> > presumably, following normal proceedure if I get that fixed, the
> > FOREGROUND will be used as the next excuse to exit the script.
> >
> > Fail msg:
> >
> > gene@GO704:~/linuxcnc$ python
> > python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py Traceback (most recent call
> > last):
> >   File "python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py", line 278, in
> > <module> main()
> >   File "python_opencv_camera_example_with_gui.py", line 222, in main
> >     root = Tk()
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk/Tkinter.py", line 1712, in
> > __init__ self.tk = _tkinter.create(screenName, baseName, className,
> > interactive, wantobjects, useTk, sync, use)
> > _tkinter.TclError: unknown color name "BACKGROUND"
> >
> > What can I put in ~/.basrc or ~/.profile that will fix this till the
> > black) and while it shows in an env report, it has no effect.
> >
> > I know this was hashed at length, a year or more ago, but can't
> > recall what was done before.
> >
> > Thanks all.
> >
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> Hi Gene!
>
> It's still the old solution with "xrdb", same that works on TDE :-)
> This is (still) in my ~/.xsessionrc :
>
> # LINUXCNC
> (
>     sleep 10
>     xrdb -all -query|sed -e 's#[A-Z_]*BACKGROUND# gray90#' -e
> 's#[A-Z_]*FOREGROUND# Black#'  -e 's#[A-Z_]*HIGHLIGHT# White#' -e
> 's#[A-Z_]*LOWLIGHT# Black ) &
>

> Nik
I found that script, as ~/.xinirc,
#!/bin/bash
sleep 10
# DEBUG
xrdb -all -query|sed -e 's#[A-Z_]*BACKGROUND#
gray90#' -e 's#[A-Z_]*FOREGROUND# Black#'  -e 's#[A-Z_]*HIGHLIGHT#
White#' -e 's#[A-Z_]*LOWLIGHT# Black#'|xrdb -merge
xmessage ".xinitrc :-)"

But it sleeps forever, needing a ctl-C to get my prompt back.  I just
tried it again, 2 minutes later its still hung.  So I killed it again.

But thats running it from a konsole login from here.  I'll go out and
reboot it just for S&G.  I just woke up again, so that will take 5 or
10.

Thanks Nik,