On Wednesday 20 April 2016 11:40:44 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 04/20/2016 06:04 AM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > Halscope shows a very small amplitude ripple, perhaps 5%
> > of the instant output at pid.z.output
>
> Look at PID.<z>.error, it will magnify the deviation.
> Although, I guess, if the PID output is only varying by 5%,
> then the step rate should not be varying more than that.
> That shouldn't be the cause of loss of sync of the motor.

Its not losing sync unless it throws the following error, and halscope if
I catch it right, show a huge ringing as it errors, when it ran
perfectly on the previous peck with no ringing.  It may occasionally be
triggered by the .0008" backlash offset application shortly after it
crosses the zero velocity mark, but far more likely will occur at the
end of the g33.1 invocation after its unlocked, and the spindle is
returned to fwd, while the z is being run back down to starting point.
That motion is only restricted in delta v by the ini files max_accel
setting.  And faster accel's seem to reduce it, most of the time.

Now, I have got to boogie and take care of some honeydo's involving
replacing a single tub laundry sink with a double tub, and giving a
dehumidifier that has been draining into that sink staining it to beat
the band (its a $#@^&*$ plastic casting that weighs about 5 lbs) and
needs lagged to the wall to keep it from busting its drain plumbing
loose, getting a drain connector assembly that will let me drain the
dehumidifier like is was a garbage disposal, in addition to acquiring
some garage door cable pulleys and a looooong spring assortment and some
metal to make pulley holders from.  Springs to be screen door and
bigger. I may have to goto the lathe and make me some anchor knobs to
hook the eyes of the springs up for easy changing, until I hit the
balance point where it stalls at the same speed going both ways.

Later folks.

Thanks Jon