On 07/19/2017 08:08 PM, Nicklas Karlsson wrote:
On 07/20/2017 09:35 AM, andy pugh wrote:
On 19 July 2017 at 19:34, Nicklas Karlsson <nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:

I have read thru the documentation and do not find it.
I don't know if they have documentation. That's why you were told to
talk to them or look at their code. I think that they were planning to
replace NMP with 0MQ. I don't know if they did.
But the normal use-state for Machinekit is to use a Beaglebone black
for the realtime, (because they are cheap?) then use a normal PC for
the GUI because the BBB has appalling graphics.

Look here for how machinekit does it.

http://machinekoder.com/machinetalk-explained-part-3-technologies/
I read and they have or are working on replacing the protocol. Activity in
machinekoder repository for cnc machine seems rather low.
I think they have a number of subgroups working in private branches. At least the last time I was with them at Tormach, they were still working quite actively on some of these projects to make it more flexible.

Jon