On 30 October 2017 at 20:58, Nicklas Karlsson
<nicklas.karlsso...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> You could look at STMBL.It's an STM32-based servo drive. Communication
>> with the LinuxCNC system is by CAT5 cables carrying the Mesa
>> Smart-Serial protocol.
>
> What kind of signals there in this protocol?

Smart-serial is RS485 at 2.5Mb It boots up in "discovery mode" while
the cards identify themselves then a fixed set of packets are sent
every servo cycle.
The protocol is described in the Mesa manuals, page 15 here for
example. : http://www.mesanet.com/pdf/parallel/7i84man.pdf

>  Is it possible to get like ten of these?

This is where it gets complicated. I have certainly seen ten of them
in one place at the same time. But I think that if you want a lot, you
need to make them or have them made at the moment.

I am not sure what a low-volume PCBA house would charge. Parts cost is
apparently $70 + PCB + Assembly.

--
atp
lunatics."