On Saturday 20 April 2019 23:06:10 Jon Elson wrote:

> On 04/20/2019 03:31 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > The only way I can be assured that a 3/4" shank of a TTS tool holder
> > will not slip, rotating in the R8, is if I put an 8 point 5/16"
> > socket in a 20 volt rattle wrench, and let it rattle for most of a
> > second,
>
> And, that's why I don't use the TTS system.

Glad to hear I have company in the slippage dept. But you have to admit
they are handy.

The r8 should have had a castelated nose, or the cat type double wing and
the TTS stopper disk should have locked into it, which is what I did
with a 4mm cap screw and a gullet cut in the r8 I use for tapping. I
don't worry about slippage when rigid tapping any more.