On Sat, 20 Apr 2019 at 04:56, Gene Heskett <ghesk...@shentel.net> wrote:

> I'm doing that now, for big ER's in that sheldon, but I had the G0704
> spindle in mind, I've developed an abiding hate for R8's and their tool
> slippage.

Have you considered making an ATC for the R8 spindle. Using a modified
shortened tool holder. It has the desired 8 degree nose taper...

If you look at an image of a R8 toolholder, cut the front taper off.
On the taper part, put a pullstud behind it. But make it a complete tool,
be it shrink, weldon, press fit

Within the other shaft part of the R8 collet, within that geometry you
could arrange a pullstud-collet assembly.
I can draw pictures if you want............