Well I think gluing a belt that long and wide with a proper jig or the
right equipment could be a pain in the ass so I'm thinking about what
Roland sugested. To machine the rack in wich the belt will be running. That
way I can guarantee zero strecth and perfect engagament.

I plan to make the racks (I may be can call it linear pulley? or infinite
diameter pulley) out of 6061 aluminum. Then I can set them up like a normal
rack but with the benefits of the servobelt system. I know this is not the
quickest solution but I can machine the racks easily here in the shop so
that's not a big problem.

I'm also thinking about using the loop servobelt setup wich I think it's
more convenient. Here's a picture of the setup:
https://static1.squarespace.com/static/51396d24e4b01b4441c64c1f/51396d24e4b01b4441c64c2a/58f69bcff7e0ab3d0693dee9/1492556758738/2016-05-06+09.00.22.jpg.
The only thing that I need to decide yet is the belt profile for the
system, since I don't need the belts to fit into each other I can make the
racks with any profile. I'm thinking about using HTD or GT2 but that's not
decided yet.

For the servo reduction I think the more suitable solution for me now are
the planetary reducers. I found some that claim to have 5 arcmins of
backlash so that's pretty accurate for my application. I plan to reduce the
750 W servos about 10 times to gain torque. Since the machine is going to
be used to machine sheets of wood I think that will do the job. Also with
that kind of reduction I can get rapids of about 45 meters/min wich is not
bad.

I still need to determine the final weight of the gantry with more accuracy
(I estimate it will weight 300 kg aprox), I'll do that at the moment of
purchasing the motors, and may be I'll increase  the power to 1kw for the
long Y axis.