On 6/16/19 2:29 PM, John Dammeyer wrote:
> [...]
The Beagle has PRU's (integrated micro-controllers) for software
stepping. The Banana and Orange Pi's do not have integrated
micro-controllers but the i.mx8 does.

https://www.nxp.com/products/processors-and-microcontrollers/arm-based-processors-and-mcus/i.mx-applications-processors/i.mx-8-processors/i.mx-8-family-arm-cortex-a53-cortex-a72-virtualization-vision-3d-graphics-4k-video:i.MX8

In addition it has SPI, PCIe and an integrated GB Ethernet controller
for real time expansion and open source 2D/3D GPU drivers for HD GUI's.
https://www.nxp.com/assets/images/en/block-diagrams/IMX8-BD.png