On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 2:08 AM Erik Christiansen
<dva...@internode.on.net> wrote:

> Since my Udoo X86 went wobbly, I'm looking for a new youtube machine.
> (The video breaks up after ten minutes of running, without the
> temperature triggered fan spinning up. Feels cool too. Maybe it's high
> ESR supply caps?)

What is a "Youtube machine"?    Are you editing video for posting to
Youtube?  Video editingis the #1 excuse for buying high end hardware.
 The Apple iMac Prowould be ideal but what is your budget?  The iMac
Pro starts at abuot $5K.  Not a lot if you make you living with video
but to much for a hobby.    A god used iMac might sell for under $1K
and be good enoug and run Final Cut Pro.

My daughter ran a decent Youtube channel, good enough that Youtube
sent her a small payment based of the 100,000 or so views she got.
She use a 13" Macbook Pro, FInal Cut Pro.  But also some lights, a
good camera and I lent her some good audio recording gear.  Sound
quality matters  a lot.

But maybe a "Youtube machine" means you are just watching Youtube.
It that case a cell phone does really well as does some really old PC
notebooks I've loaded Linux on.

--

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California