On Fri, 14 Jun 2019 at 03:20, John Dammeyer <jo...@autoartisans.com> wrote:

I think I meant time to do this for a Raspberry Pi and LinuxCNC without
> using an Ethernet Mesa Card.  Or maybe that's the only way to do it with a
> PI.

I don't think that you can use the Pi Ethernet for LinuxCNC as it is on the
USB bus.  (I might be wrong about one ot both of these points)

Machinekit has the hal_gpio driver for Pi GPIO:
https://github.com/machinekit/machinekit/blob/master/src/hal/drivers/hal_gpio.c

And I was actually surprised that that wasn't in LinuxCNC.
Looking through the code they seem to also have similar drivers for the
Orange Pi, CHIP and a few other boards.

Though as far as I can see, no documentation for any of them...

--
atp
"A motorcycle is a bicycle with a pandemonium attachment and is designed