For aluminum I like WD-40.

On Wed, Feb 19, 2020 at 3:41 AM Marshland Engineering <
marshl...@marshland.co.nz> wrote:

> Been machining for a living for 18 years.  One off and small runs. Been
> there,
> flood coolant, mist spray and now unless I'm doing steel or heavy aly, I
> have
> reverted to a 5 cc syringe with a thin needle and I spot the material or
> cutter as it runs with neat cutting oil. If I'm surfacing a plate or
> machining
> around a big block, I put a few drops of cutting fluid on it and then
> smear it
> with a 1.5 inch paint brush.
>
> I think I have said this before, but, Castrol Ilocut 154 (think mine was
> called 64 when I bought a 20 litre drum 25 years ago and still using it
> daily)
> is a neat cutting oil that is fantastic.
>
> If I skim 2 bits of aly, one dry and one with oil, I can easily see the
> difference. Drip oil with deep pockets and then remove the swarf with
> compressed air. Running the mister all the time makes every thing sticky.
>
> I never mill aly without fluid. Aly friction welds to easily.
>
> Aliexpress, 20 syringes with needles for a couple of $$
>
> I now have syringes next to the drill press, mill and lathe.
>
> I still use flood with steel if I have to remove heat.
>
> Flood if you have a fully closed in machine.
>
> Still use HSS for plastics. Seems to cut the best.
>
> Cheers Wallace.

Addressee is the intended audience.
If you are not the addressee then my consent is not given for you to read
this email furthermore it is my wish you would close this without saving or
reading, and cease and desist from saving or opening my private
correspondence.
Thank you for honoring my wish.