seed oils are long chain fatty acids linked to a glycerin. Feed stock for varnish and other coatings.

Enough double bonds so there is lots of opportunity for cross-linking. With out dryers (catalysts) they just turn gummy.  Organic cobalt compds have been used for years as dryers for the arts, finishes for wood, etc.

Dave