Oh yes.  I just mentioned the math courses.  Not the computer ones.  Most of
the first year computer stuff was all done in APL.  Not exactly a database or
text processing language so you can see how learning about random numbers and
some of the other stuff can have labs attached.

One course, third year I think was a telcom course.  This was before the
internet.  There were 5 labs over the 4 month term done in 5 different
programming languages.

Then the compiler writing course.  Taught by Chris Thompson.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLACC

The FLACC implementation of ALGOL-68 was written in 370 assembler and Chris was
an great prof.  It was an amazing 4 years.  I wrote an RTOS for an Electrical
Engineering Grad Project course.  Or then there was the MC6800 emulator written
in IBM370 assembler during the assembler programming course.  I'll bet nowadays
they don't even teach an assembler for an entire term.

How many people look at what the compiler generates?  Very important when
writing for an M9S12 series processor with 512K flash, 32K ram but only 64K
addressing.

John Dammeyer.