On 8/23/20 4:32 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> The TPU hasn't arrived, and its way too
> flexible for this from what I've found on you-tube.  Wait for a
> different design to show up. From what I've learned, the cup of the
> flexgear could be doubled in depth aspect ratio. Or we need a plastic
> with more flexability, and tpu isn't it.  ABS maybe, its pretty tough
> stuff. And higher priced too.

I'd advise printing some object such as a tire ("tyre" for Andy) using
TPU, 90 or 95 on the Shore A scale.  Print it with four outer layers and
20% infill.  You'll have a tough and durable part with some compliance.
Print the same part with one outer layer and 10% infill.  You'll have a
very soft and flexible part.  TPU offers a large range of physical
properties, in part because of different durometers of the filament,
typically 85-98 on the Shore A scale, but much more as a result of the
part geometry, number of outer layers and infill percentage.

ABS might be a good choice if you need toughness and PLA is too
brittle.  Like TPU, the part geometry and slicer settings can greatly
alter the physical properties.  ABS is not inherently more expensive
than PLA, or at least not significantly so.  I previously sent a link to
a source of excellent quality ABS filament for 1.62 cents per gram,
delivered in the US.