On Saturday 22 August 2020 16:30:56 Chris Albertson wrote:

> The solution is not to use captive hex nuts.

Thats what this thing is designed for, if indeed it has pockets for the
nuts. The m4's generally have a pocket, but the m3's in the wave bearing
carrier are plumb bare.

> You can simply print M4
> size threads inside a hole and screw the cap screw into the threaded
> hole.  This works if you don't go through so many assembly/disassembly
> cycles.   The best is to use these heat-set brass thread inserts.
> Then your screw goes into brass threads.
>
> In all cases, blue (medium) Locktite works well.

And of coarse I have red and green. :(

Got the second one running, fairly quietly, but I do need to split it and
molycoat the wear areas.  3rd one has a slightly smaller flexgear about
5% built, hopefully it will work with one of the ring gears I have a
pile of at various sizes, flow looking good at 100%, even on the brim.
Running at 210 and 55 once past the startup layer, I read someplace
where strength was enhanced with less cooling under the nozzle, more
time to weld itself I guess, so its running that fan at 55%.  And I've
resliced with some elephants foot comp ( 0.5mm) enabled.  Thats why I
had to take the first white one to the lathe and shave that off. That
was not a problem with the black, but that stuff is more brittle than
the white.  And I'm outta m4x10 ss cap screws and m4 hex nuts,
miss-counted badly. Monsterbolts and my banks MC is my friend. :)

> amazon.com/Threaded-Heat-Set-Inserts...
> <https://www.amazon.com/Threaded-Heat-Set-Inserts-connecting-injection
>/dp/B07BH5X252/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=m4+brass+insert+3d+print&q
>id=1598128018&s=industrial&sr=1-18>

That would need the source .stl's modified, and I don't know enough about
freecad to attempt that. So I'm stuck using the designers fasteners.

Thanks Chris.

 - Louis D. Brandeis