On Friday 21 August 2020 18:32:11 Gene Heskett wrote:

Thread continued, sorta.

Another problem I am noting, and I'm curious if its been noted by others,
and any possible fixes for it found, "cold flow".

Several places in this assembly are held by m3 cap screws, and while the
nuts should be held, there's no lock washers, nor room for them.  So you
tighten them 1/4 turn from broke.  But just sitting on the table
overnight, you can remove the nuts with your fingers the next morning.
The plastic has relaxed due to cold flow, releasing the tension on the
nut that WAS holding it tight 10 hours ago.

This gorilla stick glue can be used to keep the nut from vibrating plumb
off the end of the bolt and mucking up the works, but its still loose.
Is that the best we can do?

Use with the new micro-swiss hotend and feed conversion is still young,
but since putting a narrow strip of teflon tape wrapped about 2 turns
into the nozzles threads, and carefully trimming it so no stray tape
could block the nozzle, I've had no repeats of that problem.  And I'm
getting close to zeroed in on the feed rate, I only have it advanced to
110% and the part being built is looking great.

Thanks all for any suggestions about cold flow problems.

Yes, that thumping sound is what you think it is. ;-)

 - Louis D. Brandeis