In your case, you might want DS Solidworks.  I've been reading CAD system
specs and web sites for hours now and the ones that do have CAM are
limited.  Except for Solidworks.  They use SW to make things like rocket
engines for SpaceX boosters and car plants at GM.

SW can drive a 5-axis mill but I don't know what limits are.  I know it can
do 3+2 milling

FreeCAD is limited to 2.5 axis and some limited 3 axis milling.

OnShape requires 3rd party CAM solutions.

It might be worth buying an EAA membership then enrolling in the
"Solidworks University" program.  But it would take months to work through
all their training materials.

On Thu, Sep 17, 2020 at 6:08 PM Frank Tkalcevic <fr...@franksworkshop.com.au>
wrote:

> > The feature they are taking away is the ability to save your files to an
> > industry-standard STEP file.  Unless you pay for a license.
>
> That's one that's going to hit me.  I always expected the free version to
> disappear, so I never invested much time in the CAD.  I've been using F360
> to import STL files and export them as STEP/IGES.  I'm not sure how I'm
> going to do this now.
>
> The other killer is 4th and 5th axis CAM.  I can still import STEP and
> output 3D gcode (and turn), but I just started collecting parts for a 5th
> axis trunnion for my hobby CNC router.  :(
>
> Frank

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California