On Thursday 19 November 2020 09:18:04 Les Newell wrote:

> > that workshops only come in one size, "too small". :-)
>
> I had that problem at my last place. When I moved the priority was a
> huge barn. The house was just an afterthought :-)
>
> Les

That would be mine too, if I ever moved again, but I've been here, its
free and clear, for 31 years now. Couldn't run me off with a shotgun.

The only thing wrong with that is that barns are generally unheatable.
This 14x24 garage is very well insulated, 6" walls full of cocoon, an
expanded and fireproof waste paper product, a foot of it on the ceiling
and 2" of blue styro glued to the inside of the garages roll up door.
Between a 1500 watt electric running at half power, and the heat from
2.25 computers, its around 70F when I walk in the door this morning, and
a cheap plastic spray nozzle I keep near the burn tub, froze and broke
last night. I had forgotten to shut it off. Bad dog.  That last .25 is
the rpi4 running 3/4 ton of old Sheldon lathe. So I'm comfy working in a
tee shirt. The rpi4 idles, interface and all, on about 8 watts. Its
monitor is around 11 watts. Hasn't been turned off intentionally in 2+
years.

 - Louis D. Brandeis