On 11/19/20 1:24 PM, Ed wrote:
On 11/19/20 1:35 PM, Chris Albertson wrote:

Insolation?   Man, I could use some of that right now.  The fall
temperatures are downright freezing.   It was down in the mid 60's this
morning.  If this continues I will have to figure out if it is possible to
close some of the windows in the house.

Mid 60's?   I don't like you any more.

From the land of the Frozen Tundra.

Ed.

When I built my shop the walls two walls were staggered stud 2 x 4 and the other two conventional 2 x 6 both on 24" centers. Code now requires insulation under a slab on grade. It still takes more power that i like to heat it. :-(  insulation is fiberglas. Most of the windows are south facing and double glazed.
Dave