I've done this a few times.  PVA is best used if the mold is new.  You can
spray in on the mold using an old spray bottle that used to hold kitchen
and bath spray cleaner that is well rinsed out.  But after the mold is used
a few times mould release wax alone is OK.    The PVA has some tiny film
thickness and a slight irregular surface and can't be polished.  Wax on the
other hand can be buffed and made to shine.   The part is only as nicely
finished as the mould.   Mould seem to get earlier to release with repeated
use.  PVA dissolves in water, so you can soak the mould and part to release
it.

But it just might be that epoxy does not adhere to rubber and no release
agent is needed.   We never used a release agent on latex rubber moulds.

Carbon fibre parts have this high-tech mystique around them but they can be
made with very crude and low-cost methods using just paper cups,
popsicle sticks and c-clamps.

You can buy one yard of carbon cloth for about $10 and it is a lifetime
supply. Then cut it on bias into 1/8th inch strips and stir the strip until
they become 1/8th inch long unwoven fibers, (or for more money buy "chopped
carbon fiber") mix with epoxy to make a fibrous paste and this mix is so
strong when it sets you can not break it with a hammer  and as lightweight
as foam.

Now that we have 3D printers we can print moulds and fill the mould with
this DIY epoxy/carbon paste and in effect print strong-as-steel parts.

I woud cast the ring gear directly inside the aluminum housing so the epoxy
would bond to the aluminum.   No need to use screws.  The fit would be
perfect

Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California