On 6/29/21 9:26 AM, Sebastian Kuzminsky wrote:
The Code of Conduct is not about controlling anyone or shoving anything down anyone's throats.

yes it is

It's about defining inclusive and welcoming community standards for peaceful cooperation and coexistence.
that was already the case, so "defining" does not make any sense, hence my previous statement.

It's useful to do this explicitly and openly, because that creates a shared standard of communication and interaction that we can all see and agree on.

Nothing in the Code of Conduct should be surprising to anyone here - it really is all common sense "don't be a jerk" type stuff.

No it isn't useful, and if it's common sense here already, then why do you need it?

If it offends you or you think it's "woke babble" that it explicitly mentions don't be a jerk to trans people, or don't be a jerk to people based on their race or religion or whatever, then please take this as a request to leave, and our community will be better off without you.

No it's not offending,  I am not a jerk to people in general (neither are the majority of subscribers here), except, I am, to jerks and dumb people etc., that are trying to tell people what they can and cannot do, it is controlling, obsessive compulsive, ridiculous, not offensive.

Please, let's just all be polite to the people we share this community with, it's not hard.  Let's keep focussing on our shared interest in machining and open source fabrication software, and I look forward to collaborating with you all for many years to come.

Yeah let's do that,  let's focus at what we all like to do as a hobby and work,  and take that social CoC experiment to another appropriate group/list, like a social studies, 'whomever" issues interest group. one or so, we don't need it here, because here (most) have common sense, as you stated earlier.

Ron