Anno domini 2021 Tue, 29 Jun 09:26:19 -0600
 Sebastian Kuzminsky scripsit:
> The Code of Conduct is not about controlling anyone or shoving anything
> down anyone's throats.  It's about defining inclusive and welcoming
> community standards for peaceful cooperation and coexistence.
>
> It's useful to do this explicitly and openly, because that creates a
> shared standard of communication and interaction that we can all see and
> agree on.
>
> Nothing in the Code of Conduct should be surprising to anyone here - it
> really is all common sense "don't be a jerk" type stuff.
>
> If it offends you or you think it's "woke babble" that it explicitly
> mentions don't be a jerk to trans people, or don't be a jerk to people
> based on their race or religion or whatever, then please take this as a
> request to leave, and our community will be better off without you.
>
> Please, let's just all be polite to the people we share this community
> with, it's not hard.  Let's keep focussing on our shared interest in
> machining and open source fabrication software, and I look forward to
> collaborating with you all for many years to come.

If it's common sense, then just drop that CoC and say "plase use common sense"
... which does not make sense at all, 'cause everybody uses common sense. If
the CoC is not common sense, then you should drop it 'cause of its agenda.
Combine both to "just drop CoC". CoC does not make sense at all - only to those
who deem themself superior.

Nik

--
Please do not email me anything that you are not comfortable also sharing with
the NSA, CIA ...