Hi Andy,

On 7/12/21 2:17 AM, andy pugh wrote:
(Nothing quoted, as this is general info)

If you have a probe, then there is a hole centre macro that ships with
LinuxCNC, "probe-hole.ngc"
That will work without any config changes.

Well I have a simple, mechanical one, one end cylindrical, the other side a cone..  I think it is called a "wobbler" ?

There is a fairly complete set of probe routines included in the
distribution which are included in the QTDragon and Woodpecker QTVcp
GUIs at least.
(There is a lot going on with QTVcp, it seems, and it is passing me by)

In the venerable "Axis" interface you can spoof a fair bit of what is
That is what I am using, up until a few weeks ago I didn't know there were different interfaces.
being talked about here in the touch-off dialog as it will accept
mathematical expressions in the box.
So, you can type in the current DRO reading and halve it ( 1.234 / 2
). I believe that any valig G-code expression will work: (sin[60] / 2
for example)

It would be handy to be able to use axis letters in there, and feels
like an easy thing to add. I would not be at all surprised to find
that some of the newer GUIs allow exactly that.

This touch-off behaviour will be GUI-specific, and I doubt that anyone
is intimately familiar with more than a couple of GUIs.

thanks,

Ron