> From: Gene Heskett [mailto:ghesk...@shentel.net]
> On Thursday 16 September 2021 02:32:50 John Dammeyer wrote:
>
> > Oh and this is the project.  Butterfly Impact wrench power draw bar.
> >
> I use a std Porter-Cable impact screw driver for that.
>
> I think it could strip the drawbar screw in my g0704 if I just let it
> hammer. Portable, no air hoses, runs months on one battery charge. If I
> had an ATC I'd rig it for lcnc control as I think I've enough spare pins
> to run it now. Windshield wiper to raise and lower it, relay across the
> switches. I'd figure out something. :)

Fun project.  I'm having a gas with this one.  Back in the early 90's I moved
to The Netherlands and worked for a company that cut and bent the leads on
semiconductor lead frames.  I was responsible for the pocket tray loaders and
off-loaders.  My first introduction to CAN bus before CAN even had network
specific bus drivers.   There were no High Level Protocols.  Lots of
pneumatics, ,Compumotor linear stepper motors, sensors etc.

The flywheel on the 30 ton press had an absolute encoder and particular
positions caused things to move in and out of the way of the press tool and
die.  They are having a 30 year reunion for the introduction of the TFM this
fall.  Unfortunately because of COVID rules I won't be able to attend.

John