On Thursday 16 September 2021 04:32:10 John Dammeyer wrote:

> > From: Gene Heskett [mailto:ghesk...@shentel.net]
> >
> > On Thursday 16 September 2021 02:32:50 John Dammeyer wrote:
> > > Oh and this is the project.  Butterfly Impact wrench power draw
> > > bar.
> >
> > I use a std Porter-Cable impact screw driver for that.
> >
> > I think it could strip the drawbar screw in my g0704 if I just let
> > it hammer. Portable, no air hoses, runs months on one battery
> > charge. If I had an ATC I'd rig it for lcnc control as I think I've
> > enough spare pins to run it now. Windshield wiper to raise and lower
> > it, relay across the switches. I'd figure out something. :)
>
> Fun project.  I'm having a gas with this one.  Back in the early 90's
> I moved to The Netherlands and worked for a company that cut and bent
> the leads on semiconductor lead frames.  I was responsible for the
> pocket tray loaders and off-loaders.  My first introduction to CAN bus
> before CAN even had network specific bus drivers.   There were no High
> Level Protocols.  Lots of pneumatics, ,Compumotor linear stepper
> motors, sensors etc.

Fun and learning, a great combo.  I walked into one of the local shops
about 5 yers back, looking for a 3" piece of very heavy pipe to make a
cat head for my Sheldon to facilitate threading a new barrel for old
AT&T, my deer rifle since the 1960's. While standing beside the door I
was instructed to move out of the way as one of the employees was about
to use a huge punch press, to chop wood! He was right to warn me cuz
when he tripped it, two pieces of wood from a 24" round went flying
about 30 feet each way. He carried them back and did it again making 4
pieces to fit the shop stove. Pretty deep in January AIR. The shop owner
gave me about a foot of sched 80, which wasn't really heavy enough but
did get the job done. The highest tech in the place was a cnc driven
plasma torch over a water table used to cut out artistic sheet metal
stuff. I didn't see it working which would have been nice.

> The flywheel on the 30 ton press had an absolute encoder and
> particular positions caused things to move in and out of the way of
> the press tool and die.  They are having a 30 year reunion for the
> introduction of the TFM this fall.  Unfortunately because of COVID
> rules I won't be able to attend.
>
> John

 - Louis D. Brandeis