On Mon, 29 Apr 2019 15:20:19 -0700 Ross Vandegrift <r...@kallisti.us> said:

> On Mon, Apr 29, 2019 at 05:30:33AM +0000, Jonathan Aquilina wrote:
> > I think everyone is missing the point. What you are saying is true but
> > that is why then they say if you want newer stuff to use a PPA for it
> > even though its not in the main repo's
>
> Yes, anyone can make a PPA.  But you're talking to the maintainers of
> distro packaging - we try to put packages into distros for real :)

and i think this was covered - a stable distro release that will not upgrade
meson out of principle (that's the definition of stable) isn't going to upgrade
efl either for the same reasons... so i think the topic is kind of moot. if
someone wants to make pkgs for such distros they can create upgraded meson
packages too etc. if they want to go the "all done by pkgs" path :)

Carsten Haitzler - ras...@rasterman.com