I don't see any problem here, too.
As morlenxus said: exchange is intended to replace get-e.
e17-stuff.org is third party, doesn't have any quality standards and is
nothing more than a list with random themes, apps, and dozens of things that
have nothing to do with E at all - nothing to care about.
So there is (will be) one site, where's the problem?

I still hope that exchange will get some kind of moderation, but altogether
I like the idea and hope for a good integration into E itself.